(1) Brief Introduction
* It meets the standards of both ISO2178 and ISO-2361 as well as DIN, ASTM and BS. Suitable for the laboratory and for use in harsh field conditions.
* The gauge can measure the thickness of non-magnetic coating layers .Such as: (aluminum, chrome, copper, enamel, rubber, paint) on magnetic substrate (steel, iron, alloy and magnetic stainless steel)..
* The gauge can measure the thickness of non-metals coating layers Such as: (enamel, rubber, paint, vanish, plastic anodic-oxide layer) covered on non-magnetic metals substrate (aluminum, brass, zinc and nonmagnetic stainless steel).
* Small style design, conveniently carry
* Complete intelligentized design, easily operate
* Rapid measure, excellent repeated performance
* The metric system /England system unit transform
* There is bee ring song prompt during operation
* Two types of probe heads design, which is applicable to different test situations
(3) Display instruction
* CAL O ZERO Adjustment
* Fe Magnetism substrate measure state
* Range: 0-1000um
* Accuracy: ±［（1%～3%）］H±1.5um
* Environment temperature: 0-40℃
* Relative humidity: ≤85%
* Power supply: 1.5V×2
* Weight: 98g
* Dimension: 102×66×24mm
Instruction manual............. 1pc
Carrying case..................... 1pc
Calibration foil set.............. 1 set
(5) Measuring Procedure
5.1 Press the"POWER" key to start the gauge The gauge will restore the state of last operation itself. The gauge will display"Fe / 0um"or"NFe / 0um", if you want change the state of "Fe or NFe"press the"um/mil"key and the "POWER" key at the same time, and then release "POWER" key firstly, release the “um/mil" key an hen Display is “8888”, the translation of "Fe or Nfe" finished.
5.2 Place the probe on the substrate or an uncoated standard steadily. Press the "ZERO" key and "CAL0 OK" will be on the Display before lifting the probe. If pressing the "ZERO" key but the probe is not placed on the substrate or an uncoated standard, the zero adjustment is invalid.
5.3 Place the probe onto a coating layer to be measured. The reading on the Display is the thickness of the coating layer.
5.4 To take the next measurement, just lift the probe to more than 1 centimeter and then repeat the step 5.3.
5.5 If suspecting the accuracy of measurement , you should calibrate the gauge before taking the measurements. For the calibration procedures, please refer to the calibration part 6.
5.6 The gauge will power itself off about 20 seconts after the last operation. It can not be switched off by pressing the "POWER" key.
5.7 Pressing the "um/mil" key can change the measurement unit um or mil.
6.1 Zero adjustment
Zero calibration for 'Fe' and 'NFe' should be carried out separately. Take the iron substrate if 'Fe' on the Display and take the aluminium substrate if 'NFe' on the Display. Place the probe on the substrate steadily. Press the "ZERO" key and "CAL0 OK" will be on the Display before lifting the probe. If pressing the "ZERO" key but the probe is not placed on the substrate or an uncoated standard, the zero adjustment is invalid.
6.2 Select an appropriate calibration foil according to your measurement range.
6.3 Place the standard foil selected onto the substrate or the uncoated standard.
6.4 Place the probe mildly onto the standard foil and lift. The reading on the display is the value measured. The displayed reading can be corrected by pressing the “+” key or “-” key while the probe is away from the substrate or the measure body.and then press“+”and“-”at the sane time, the calibration finished
6.5 Repeat step 6.4 until the result is correct.
7.1 It is necessary to replace the battery, when the display reading changes darkly.
7.2 Slide the Battery Cover away from the gauge and remove the batteries.
7.3 Install the batteries (2*1.5V) correctly into the case.
7.4 If the gauge will not to be used for a long time, remove batteries.
8.1 In order to weaken the influence of the measured material on the accuracy of measurement, it is recommended that the calibrations should be done on the uncoated material to be measured.
8.2 Probe will eventually wear. Probe life will depend on the number of measurements taken and how abrasive the coating is. Replacement of a probe can be fitted by qualified persons only.
(9) Restore factory setting
9.1 When to restore?
It is recommended to restore factory setting in the one of following cases.
A. The gauge does not measure any more.
B. Because misoperation "+"key or "-"key causes the gauge not normally to measure.
C. Measurement accuracy is degraded caused by environmental conditions changed greatly.
9.2 How to restore?
9.2.1 Press the "power" key, when the "0 um" appears on the display,press the "zero" key the factory setting is restored.
It is strongly recommened that no changes should be made to the value of Ln. Generally, the larger the value of Ln, the smaller the reading on a same thickness. A little variation of value of Ln will cause a great change in reading at high end (e.g. at 515um). The rules to adjust the value of Ln are as follow:
A. Reading at low end can be adjusted to the
exact value by the plus or minus key.
B. To enlarge the Ln if readings at low end (e.g.at 50 um) is ok but reading at high end (e.g.at 388um) is too large. On the contrary, to decrease the Ln if reading at low end (e.g. at 51 um ) is ok but reading at high end (e.g. at 388um) is too small.
C. Repeat procedures from A to B till the readings on the every standard foil are satifying the accuracy.
(11) ServicesThis instrument has one-year quality guarantee, maintenance for all life. If there are any problem of this product, please contact the dealer in time.